Inclusive Hiring – Engage & Invest!
If you’re looking at your recruitment strategy for inclusive hiring but are a small business without a dedicated DE&I team it can be a little overwhelming.
Have you given much thought to bringing in an expert to help with your processes and frame new ones where needed?
Yes it costs money, but it’s worth it!
As mentioned when I started this series, we worked with Jennie Child, founder of Balance to dive deep into our current processes, train staff internally and educate ourselves along the way.
We also spoke with Jo Major as part of our Includability verification, who can offer similar support. Both are very well known across DE&I so it won’t take you long to find others who speak so highly of them!
Who else can you engage with?
- Set up or engage with diversity support groups, either internally or with others within the insight community e.g. WiRE, CORE
- Engage with a charity in the area of interest, and draw on their expertise
- Have your website audited. What can be changed to accommodate the needs of those in diversity groups?
- Book bias awareness courses
- Check if you are eligible for Access to work grants – not many employers will know about this, but this will provide practical and financial support for an individual with a disability or long term physical or mental health condition: https://abilitynet.org.uk/factsheets/how-apply-access-work-grant?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkt6aBhDKARIsAAyeLJ050…
Alternatively, you can get in touch with us directly or download our guide on Inclusive Hiring here.